Phishing attack stealing login details, pictures of iPhone users



A new phishing email attack has engulfed Apple users to steal their login information.

The users are taken in the trap through a malicious email hyperlink labeled as ''review your subscription' which appears to be from Spotify. The link takes the users to an official-looking site with identical Apple logos.

The hackers have designed the site to dupe people into submitting their Apple login and password so that they can get an unrestricted access to Apple Pay, pictures, videos, and personal information.



A Reddit user named /u/the101maham was the first one to highlight the iPhone scam. "I saw this email today, I thought the sender looked fishy, so I went in to see if I had bought a year of Spotify Premium.

"I was drinking last night so I had a slight panic and clicked the link.

"But when I saw the Apple page with a random address I immediately knew it was a scam."

Tim Sadler, CEO at security firm Tessian, told The Sun: "This is an example of a classic phishing scam.

"Phishing emails, like spam, are bulk in nature but are often farming for a user's credentials by mimicking the identity of a trusted website or service – in this case, Apple and Spotify.

"Like spam, phishing doesn't discriminate. Anyone, individual or business, can be targeted and easily duped."


from E Hacking News - Latest Hacker News and IT Security News https://ift.tt/2PH52jy

Comments

Popular Posts